We understand that for users who access our product through our health care provider customers, that some identifying information we receive from those Customers about you may qualify as Protected Health Information under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its regulations (45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164, Subparts A, C, D and E). In some cases, information we receive from our health care provider Customers may also be confidential under the federal Part 2 Regulations (42 C.F.R. Part 2) which govern the use and disclosure of substance use disorder information. Lighthouse is committed to protecting the security and privacy of your information in accordance with the requirements of applicable state and federal laws and as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices you received from your health care provider. If you need a copy of your health care provider’s Notice of Privacy Practices, you should contact your health care provider directly.
- What Information Does Lighthouse Collect?
Lighthouse collects information from and about users of our Site: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; and (ii) automatically when you use the Site.
3.1 Information You Provide to Us.
- Personal Information: When you access or use the Site we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). For example, we require Users who are case manager to provide their name, e-mail address and license level to register to use the Site. For Users who are patients, we require to register to use the Site that the patient provide name, date of birth, tribal affiliation, program enrolled within that uses the Site, address (or if homeless), and e-mail address. Although not required, you may opt to provide us with additional personal information at the time of registration or later. When you initially express interest obtaining additional information about the Site, or when you register for the Site, we may also ask for additional types of personal information, such as title, department name, fax number, etc. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized experience or verify your passwords.
- Customer Data: Any content or information submitted by Users of the Site is referred to herein as “Customer Data”. Examples of Customer Data include active and archived patient lists and patient information, such as name, address, sex, ethnicity, marital status, tribal affiliation, homelessness status, emergency contact, referring provider information, phone, date of birth, current and past system treatment plans, military status and activities within the Service (such as communications between Users, community settings, tasks, attendance at support group meetings verified through GPS check in). Customer Data is controlled by the Lighthouse Customer who created the User account from which the Customer Data was submitted. Lighthouse collects or processes Customer Data on behalf of this Customer, not the User who submitted it. If you are using the Site at the invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer or not, that Customer determines its own policies, including without limitation policies regarding permissions, storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Site. Please consult with your Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
3.2 Information Collected From You Automatically and Tracking. When you access the Lighthouse Site we may automatically collect: (i) usage details (including your internet browser traffic data, location data, communication data and the resources you access and use through the Site and Services); (ii) device information (including device type, device settings, crash data, IP address, operating system, browser type, hardware ID, and mobile network information); (iii) stored information (including metadata and other information associated with the files stored on your device, such as cookies and local storage user preferences); and (iv) location information (including real-time information about the location of your device). If we do not offer an opt out for certain information which you do not want us to collect, please do not access or use the Site, or, if you have already accessed or used the Site, stop doing so immediately and delete the Site from your devices. We also may use, or work with third parties who use, these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Do Not Track (DNT) signals are signals sent through a browser informing us that you do not want to be tracked. We do not assign any meaning to DNT signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies (or mobile cookies) or web beacons. Cookies are small files sent to and stored on the computer or device you use to access or use our Site. Cookies may be used to monitor use of our Site, customize content specific to your interests, ensure that you do not see the same advertisements repeatedly and store your user name and password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you access or use the Site. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer or device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain portions of our Site.
- How We Use Your Information
This section describes only how Lighthouse may use your information. Customers determine their own policies for the use of Customer Data. Lighthouse does not control how Customers or any third parties with whom Customer shares Customer Data use such Customer Data.
4.1 Customer Data.
We may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with the Customer’s instructions to: (i) provide Customer and its authorized users with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that Customer requests from us; (ii) maintain and improve the Site; (iii) fulfill any other purpose for which Customer provides it; and (iv) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as otherwise approved by Customer.
4.2 Other Data.
- Personal Information. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations, we may use personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, to: (i) provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us; (ii) maintain and improve the Site; (iii) fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (iv) give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices (which notices are considered part of the Site and for which you cannot opt out); (v) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and (vi) communicate with you concerning your use the Site, including sending notices when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through the Site (which notices are considered part of the Site and for which you cannot opt out). In addition, the personal information we collect helps us improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, customize our Site according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you use the Site. Lighthouse uses your traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Site.
- Financial Information. Any financial and billing information that we may collect from you is used for the purposes of checking your qualifications as a prospective customer and billing you. Such billing information is not used by Lighthouse for marketing or promotional purposes. Lighthouse may use a third-party intermediary to manage the credit card and billing processing. This intermediary is solely a link in the distribution chain, and is not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided, except for the sole purpose of credit card and billing processing.
- Will Lighthouse Share Your Information?
This section describes only how Lighthouse shares and discloses your information. Customers determine their own policies for the sharing and disclosure of Customer Data. Lighthouse does not control how Customers or any third parties with whom Customer shares Customer Data choose to share or disclose such Customer Data.
Information about our Customers and Users is an integral part of our business. While, subject to all applicable laws and regulations, we may disclose aggregated and/or de-identified information about our Customers and Users in our sole discretion, we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations, we share your personal information only with entities that are controlled or controlled by or under common control of Lighthouse, and as described below:
We retain or employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples may include data processing, bill collecting, or other professional services, including analyzing data and providing customer service.
Protection of Lighthouse and Others:
We may release personal information, as allowed by law, when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Lighthouse, our employees, our Customers, our Users, or others.
To our Affiliates or upon a Change in Business Structure:
If permitted by law, we may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates and to a buyer or other successor of all or substantially all of our assets, or to the assets of any division related hereto, through merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer.
With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties and your consent obtained.
- Is Information About Me Secure?
We implement measures designed to protect the information you provide to us from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to protect your user information and password and to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site, which may be viewed by others.
Unfortunately, transmitting information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information when transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
- What Choices Do You Have About Lighthouse’s Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information?
7.1 Customer Data.
7.2 Other Data.
We will not use your email address or other contact information for advertising purposes without your consent. If you have consented to our using your email address and do not want us to continue to use your email address or other contact information for advertising purposes, you can opt out by selecting “unsubscribe” or emailing us directly. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information for interest-based advertising; however, these third parties may provide you with choices relative to your personal information
If you have any questions or concerns about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, please contact us.
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Can Children Use Lighthouse’s services?
Our Site and the use of services made available through Lighthouse are not intended for children under the age of 18. Lighthouse does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 18 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information through our website, please notify us so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers.
- Conditions of Use:
- Third Party Sites